One of the first things I check before any major purchase is if there is an online voucher code that can help me reduce the cost.
But, I never think to check for smaller purchases or when all those small purchases add up to a larger amount.
However, it doesn't take a lot of smaller amounts to make a larger one, especially when everything we need comes all at once!
So I was delighted to find a 10% saving when you spend £75 or more at Boots (it expires 6 Feb 2015 but check out NetVoucherCodes for full terms and conditions).
So what I am trying to say is that money saving is a constant thing and that sometimes I need to start looking at the pennies and not just the pounds. It is drummed into me to look for savings on big ticket items that I sometimes overlook the other options.
So this is why I am going to be joining in with Cass at Dairy of a Frugal Family with her five things I have saved on this week and sharing my family's five things every Friday.
- Mini has been saving his pocket money each week as he got a magazine subscription for Christmas which started this week.
- We have been eating from the freezer and the stores so I have saved £30 on the shopping bill
- The husbeast changed his brakes himself saving on the labour costs at the garage
- I repaired two pairs of the boys school trousers that they had put the knews through on. I used the material from one pair which was beyond repair to patch the inside.
- My FIL gifted us a sack of potatoes (he is a farmer) which saves on me buying any.
I would love to know what you have saved on this week.