This is our no fail recipe, even MadDad and the Minimads make it with success every time.
Ingredients (makes 12 to 16 puddings)
115g of plain flour
Pinch of salt
275 ml of milk (or half milk and water)
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and blend or whisk to a smooth consistency, kind of like single cream.
- Put the batter in the fridge to let the air bubbles settle.
- Heat your oven to its hottest setting and add some sunflower oil or lard to a Yorkshire pudding tin. Place the tin in the oven and make sure the oil is very hot (smoking), pour the batter into the tins and place back in the oven.
- Leave at full temp for 5 minutes and then turn the oven down to 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until the Yorkshire puddings are golden and risen.
- DO NOT OPEN YOUR OVEN DOOR FOR THE FIRST TWENTY MINUTES.
The only part of this my boys do not do now is the oven bit. We have yorkshire puddings most Sundays and I have not made the batter myself in the last two years!