- Squeeze your toilet roll, so the tube isnt round. That way it is harder to remove loads of loo roll making it last longer. Perfect it you have children that use far too much.
- Cut the bottom or top off your products to make sure you get the most out of them.
- Do not leave the tap running when you are brushing your teeth. Did you know when you brush your teeth under running water you can use as much as 10 litres of water per minute
- To help keep the water in your bath warmer, remove the panel off your bath and stuff the area under the bath with either loft insulation or even newspaper before putting the panel back on.
- Home water heaters are almost always set too high - adjust your water heater to 60 degrees, the recommended temperature for a hot water heater as set by the energy saving trust.
Wednesday, 20 November 2013
5 ways to save money in the bathroom - Thrifty Household Tips
Over the coming weeks, I am going to be looking at ways to save money in each of the rooms in your home. I am going to try and avoid the obvious ones and come up with some new ones.