One of the things we made was ginger and Lime Sugar Body Scrub. I used this scrub this morning before I got in the shower and can vouch that it is AMAZING. Not only does it smell divine, but it contains no nasty's and is super easy to make.
- Brown Demerara Sugar
- Cane Sugar
- Essential oils (we used ginger and lime)
- Oil (we used olive oil, but you could use any base oil)
- A stirrer (If you are going to be making lots, then use a glass cocktail stirrer as it will not absorb the aromatherapy oils and can be reused).
- Take one tablespoon of each of the sugars (The demerara is courser, so has more exfoliating properties, but the cane sugar is more delicate) and add to your container.
- Cover with oil, making sure you stir it.
- Add 6 drops of essential oil (I used 4 drops of lime to 2 drops of ginger)
- Repeat the process until your container is full. The aim is to have a layer of oil above the surface of the sugar, as it will dry out as you take it out of the container.